Dungeon World: Leviathan
Oddments worth 1-barter
The clothes on your back
Your bag of tricks, containing all manner of tools for causing pain and discomfort. Spend 1 barter every two times you ply your trade. Bone will do terrible things to metal, you see…
A small defensive weapon that fits in your bag of tricks (maybe a knife, spiked knuckles, or something familiar)
The Silent Spiral
- I know a secret about Prince Albert of Wall which he would never want to get out.
- Nobody thinks I could never hurt a fly.
Pretty Please? – When you have another character at your mercy and want to know something, roll+sly. On a 10+ ask them 3, on a 7-9, ask them 2.
• How are they, or someone they’re close to, most vulnerable?
• Who have they betrayed or who would they betray?
• What are they most afraid of?
• Who do they trust/love the most or the least?
• What useful secret do they have about another person?
• What have they done that could get them in terrible trouble if someone found out?
If the Screw acts on this information, or passes it on to another player character to act on, the character acting on the information gains sly instead of +fierce on Threatening With Violence and Engaging in Combat rolls. You know how all the pieces fit together.
Two assistants (Fleki & Geri) who are loyal to you and will follow your orders. When you order them to grab an NPC for you who it would be reasonable for them to be able to nab (MC’s call), roll+steady.
On a 10+ they get them, no problem.
On a 7-9, either they get them but not quietly or they don’t get them but no one knows, MC’s choice.
On a miss, neither. If nabbing the NPC would be particularly difficult (say, if they had bodyguards), you may have to spend more time setting up a plan before the MC allows you to make this roll.
An endless supply of tools and devices for causing pain and discomfort (if you select this, you never have to spend Barter to restock your bag of tricks).